Bagnoles de l`Orne is full of opportunities to experience the France we all love.
This very attractive town is excellent in promoting a lively schedule of events and opportunities to experiences the town and surrounding countryside. As the chateau is only a short distance from the town, it is easy to make use of the opportunities it offers, we have bikes that we make available to our guests to explore the local area.
Good food and drink is important to the area and great emphasis is placed on quality and locally produced goods. There are plenty of restaurants in and around the town with everything from the simple but good to the exceptional Michelin star restaurants. We are happy to help with reservations so you can try French gastronomy at its best.
- There is a large production of cheese, cider and Calvados in the area many of the farms welcome guests so you can taste the local products. A local beekeeper produces honey from hives in the chateau grounds.
- Every Tuesday and Saturday we have a local market in the town where lots of local producers come to sell their high quality products.
- There are several antique fairs held in the town throughout the year.
- If you want see the forest from the treetops, there is a great opportunity to take a walk between treetops.
- If you want to ride a track bike on the disused railway to La Ferte-Mace, it is also an option.
- As the town is surrounded by the 5000 hectare famous forest de Andaines, there are plenty of opportunities for cycling or walking in the forest on marked routes.
- A visit to the famous local spa is a must. It is necessary to make a booking.
- If you want to take a chance you can spend an evening at the Casino, maybe you can go home with the big win.
- Right outside the chateau gates is the Andaine golf Club. A 9 hole golf course established in 1926/27 on land from the chateau. If you are interested in Golf, Gue aux Biches is the perfect base.
- Chateau du Gue Aux Biches is located on the very famous cycle route from Paris to Mont-Saint-Michel so there are great opportunities to experience the area by bike.
- There are also many events and guided tours around the area where you can learn more about the local history.
To see more about the local options, you can always visit: www.bagnolesdelorne.com
If you have special requests, we would very much like help if possible. It is important to us that your stay becomes one you will think back on with pleasure. Whether you just want to relax and enjoy the tranquility of the chateau or enjoy the flora and fauna or see as much as possible during the time you are here is that is entirely up to you.